Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Turtle Art

For the last week or so, in Mr Kerr's year 10 Control Technology class have been playing around with an Activity on sugar called Turtle Art. On our second lesson on Turtle Art Mr. Kerr gave us a sheet with 40 different shapes to create using Turtle Art. I went many trouble trying to finish some of the shapes. Some shapes such as normal polygons were easy to draw on Turtle Art. The best shape that I have created is shape number 39.

I based this shape on one of the other shapes that I created before which was a hitler sign. When I completed the shape it turned out to be a window. I sat there thinking what was wrong. I thought that it might of been the pen stroke was to think thats why it turned out to be a window and so I change the pen size to one. There was a lot of commands that is needed to make this shape... Well to me it is.

This is the shape that I have created.

This is a screen shot of the commands that I used to create the shape above.

Sunday, September 13, 2009

During the last one or two weeks ago. We have been working on svgs and making them as the main icon on Sugar.

In the process I have used HTML-Kit to draw my design, Opera(A different type of internet browser) to check how my design is going in terms of looks and of course Sugar to put on my design.

Firstly in HTML-Kit when I was designing my design turned out very complex. I used a whole load of lines and paths to create what i have created here.

I this took me over a week to get every point right. I even had to go to .3 and .8 of a point gee. It was all worth it for a cool looking picture xD. Following the instructions that Mr Kerr gave us, I tried to replace the icon on sugar. I was in shock... it failed... ended up like this...

I was like WTH!? and got frustrated with svgs. -^^-V I was so confused, so I asked my friends to help try to fix it but no one didn't know what was the problem. Then I asked Mr Kerr, even he thought it was strange. So I gave Mr Kerr my svg file so he can take a look at it in his spare time. Before the next Control Tech lesson started, I was asked to see him during lunch regarding the svg. Mr Kerr said that the problem could be that in the fill and stroke colour i spelt the work colour as how Australians spelt it. The correct way of spelling colour in order for the image to work was color... C-O-L-O-R >.>

Anyhow when Control Tech lesson started I replace all the &fill_colour; and &stroke_colour; with &fill_color; and &stroke_color;. Restarted Sugar, Sugar opens up and its loading. One minute later, OMG still the SAME!?! still no icon popped up. Mr Kerr was confused about it as well. He said that he will take another look at my svg and that I should go on with the new work so I don't fall behind.

The weekend past and on Monday Mr Kerr said that he found out what the problem was. He said that Sugar couldn't read the .3s and .8s etc. Thats why it wouldn't show on Sugar. I was happy hahaah and so I redid everything to replace the icon but still it didn't work... I got frustrated. I then asked a friend named Darren to help. He backuped the cache file and restarted the Sugar. After when it finished loading... I saw...

IT WAS THERE!! I was so happy Hahahah. Felt good as well =D. I have FINALLY successfully replace the icon sugar ^^v. Although I went through alot of troubles and little problems.