Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Part One. What we did. (Sugar Evaluation)

1) Rate each of the following out of 5:
Guest speaker: Rosemary about Timor Leste = 3.5/5
Guest speak: Joel about the xo = 3/5
Physics = 4.5/5
SVG icon and Linux command line = 2/5
Turtle Art = 4/5
Other activity evaluation = 4/5
Etoys = 4/5
Scratch = 4.5/5

2) Three things that I have learnt:
I’ve learnt how to set the command controls to make something to move the way I want it to on Scratch and Etoys. Another thing I learnt is to how to create a dialogue on Etoys thanks to Mr. Kerr. Last thing I learnt is how to get more activities and input them into the Sugar OS.

3) Three things that I have enjoyed:
I’ve really enjoyed working with the Physic activities because it was challenging and fun. Scratch was my next favourite because the interface was easy to use and the functions were fun to play around. Etoys was my next, although it has functions which are hidden somewhere in the activity. Once you find the functions you need, it becomes more fun to play around.

4) Three things that I didn’t like:
The thing that I didn’t enjoy much was the making of the SVG icon. It was confusing and very hard because one little mistake and ruin it all. I didn’t really enjoy much about the guest speakers because I am a particle person so I don’t really like sitting in one spot listening to people talk. Another thing I didn’t enjoy is on Etoys when I couldn’t get something to work the way I want.

5) State which was the following with reasons: Best, Worst, Most Interesting, Most difficult:
Activity evaluation was the best because it was fun playing different games and activities.
SVG icon was my worst as it was confusing with the language between US and Australia.
Etoys was interesting as it is similar to the program Scratch on Windows but much more complicated.
SVG icon making was most difficult to me because I wanted to create a complicated icon.

6) About the XO
Is the xo or olpc(one laptop per a child, green machine) a good idea for the children of the developing world? State your opinion and give reasons
I think the xo and the olpc is a very good idea for children in the developing world as it can help them catch up with the technology we are currently using. The xo has an interface which is easy to use therefore would be easy to use for those who are in the developing world. Thanks to the engineering of the olpc, it would be able to be used through even hot conditions and rough especially from dropping. This will really help children from developing world to learn, explore and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment